Tuesday 6 June 2017

Zara Fulfilling My Gingham Dreams


I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with gingham. Growing up I've always been attracted to the print but could never find pieces that were right for me. They'd either not be the right style or they'd make me look like a five-year-old. In the past year, however, gingham is everywhere- in all colours and styles. I loved the trend at first, but then got bored of seeing everyone and their dog wearing it. 

As the trend has slowly been dying down my love for gingham has started to grow back. Recently, Zara has just been hitting the nail on the head for creating unique gingham designs that aren't your average off the shoulder gingham top. I picked up these three gingham pieces about a week ago and have fallen in love. 
  




I love everything about this schoolgirlish dress, to the colour and the cut, down to the tiered effect. It actually comes up a bit big, so I went with an XS rather than my usual S. 



This is a piece that you can just throw on and automatically look like you've made an effort, whilst remaining extremely comfortable. It is pretty short however, so I was very pleased to find that it was a jumpsuit and in case of windy days I could keep some modesty. (Look out for me wearing this in my next post).


Denim Crop Top with Bows - £19.99

This denim top is everything. I just love the little added details of the gingham tie and the frayed edges. I wore this to Graduate Fashion Week and paired it with some pink trousers. WARNING: Not advisable to wear without a bra!! Came back with some sore nips- did not think that one through. 

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016